• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lazy Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nickme90

I can't be bothered to take my board out and look at this time of night. So does anybody know if I have to take out the board to remove the northbridge heatsink. Or do the pins just pull/twist out somehow? Its a abit nf7-s if that makes any difference.

most boards use plastic split pins that need to be squeezed at the end (back of mobo) so it is a really good idea to take it out to remove and replace the heatsink.
KCN

Nickme90 said:
I can't be bothered to take my board out and look at this time of night. So does anybody know if I have to take out the board to remove the northbridge heatsink. Or do the pins just pull/twist out somehow? Its a abit nf7-s if that makes any difference.

I replaced my Standard Aluminum Iceburg with the Copper Vantec Iceburg. I did this with the MB in the case. I just took needle nose pliers and grabbed the top of the hold down pins and they popped right out with not a whole lot of trouble.

Hammer

Lazy answer, go to abits site and look @ it,hehe :D

NF7_S_large.jpg

Back