• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY lifetime warranty = trash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deez

PNY Gf4 Ti4200 at work (never overclocked), after about 6 months the card starts artifacting. Called PNY several times and could never get a person on the phone just a phone system that gives you the runaround. Finally after several weeks of trying one of the other guys got a person on the phone.

We have no receipt b/c it was filed away with last years tax stuff and we also tossed the retail box. PNY said without a receipt and the serial number from the retail box they will not repair or replace the card. They do not put a serial number on their PCB and even tried to tell us that maybe the card wasn't a PNY card. The GPU fan only has a freaking PNY sticker on it and the PCB is purple.

So now we have a spare GPU fan and ramsinks and a expensive keychain.

The moral of the story is DONT BUY PNY

well actualy i guess the moral of the story is tkeep your recept

from the warranty page.....

"This warranty is for replacement for like items only. Lifetime Replacement warranty does not cover items out of production if PNY no longer stocks them. (Lifetime is defined as the lifetime of the product on the market. Outdated technology is not covered by lifetime warranty if the item is no longer available on the common market as a new product.) "

looks like the lifetime thing has some fine print, very deceptive if one doesnt read the terms

cobra1 said:

"This warranty is for replacement for like items only. Lifetime Replacement warranty does not cover items out of production if PNY no longer stocks them. (Lifetime is defined as the lifetime of the product on the market. Outdated technology is not covered by lifetime warranty if the item is no longer available on the common market as a new product.) "

looks like the lifetime thing has some fine print, very deceptive if one doesnt read the terms
wow that real bad I think I will spend some time looking up my lifetime stuff and see what they say

Crash893 said:
well actualy i guess the moral of the story is tkeep your recept

considering that this year (2003) I have returned a defective IBM hard drive, KDS monitor, and Intel CPU to the manufacturer(s) with no receipt even requested for any of these items I cant understand why PNY would refuse to give an RMA#

cobra1 said:

I can see the need for a reciept, but this 'Lifetime' warranty seems ridiculous and would definitely keep me from buying a PNY product. :mad:

deez said:
PNY lifetime warranty = trash

Who would need a lifetime waranty anyhow? From personal experiece with their products, i wouldnt even want to have one for a "lifetime." owning a PNY product for a "lifetime" would be punishment.

Another vendor added to my 'don't even think about it' list. Shame on companies for this type of deceptive behavior.

it seems PNY does not mark their card clearly possibly for this reason......

me personally i would want to require a receipt that went with the card - so it is no sou buy a new card and say your friends died, you then return his and such with your receipt...? i know, silly scenario, but it happens.

Back