• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new AT7-MAX2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mastametz

I recently bought an AT7-MAX2 and i must say....I AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT!!! If any1 is considering buying a new mobo, i must recommend it. I just upgraded from my buggy, sensetive, kt7a-r ...ugg. It was fast, but it had a few bugs that drove me nuts. but all those problems i was having have gone away with this new mobo, and my computer has been running bug free!!...except for my dead psu...

I said that because other boards are having issues with their bios. No need to worry as there havent been a problem of this type with the current VIA based solutions.

Mastametz said:
I recently bought an AT7-MAX2 and i must say....I AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT!!! If any1 is considering buying a new mobo, i must recommend it. I just upgraded from my buggy, sensetive, kt7a-r ...ugg. It was fast, but it had a few bugs that drove me nuts. but all those problems i was having have gone away with this new mobo, and my computer has been running bug free!!...except for my dead psu...

I had a KT7A-R and upgraded to a AT7-MAX2 and love it ! Stable as can be right out of the box. I do hate not being able to go 200+ fsb because of no /6 divisor but its a performance increase and stability increase over my long in the tooth KT7A. I am avoiding the OTHER Abit board with Bios corruption and such problems for the time being !

i have an at7-max, and the at7-max2, and i ove them both.

i am using the latest bios...DD...modded by TMOD. works great.:D

I am glad i threw in the extra $. I was going to get the k77-333r... but i decided to spend the bucks and not hafta upgrade so soon.

well darko, i am running my at7-max2 w/1.33 t-bird and..well, it has run lag free and starts in less than 10 seconds...so, I havent had any reason to overlock it...but if you really wanna know.... vcore-2.325v, multiplier-22.5. And this is w/o a bios update.

madsam said:
i have an at7-max, and the at7-max2, and i ove them both.

i am using the latest bios...DD...modded by TMOD. works great.:D

Where is that BIOS I am about to flash my BIOS and having a custom BIOS with all the toggles enabled would be kickass ! Gotta any linkage or something. I was over at Biosmods.com and did not find it.

yes, Abit done a great job with the at7 max-2. i have had mine for 6 mounths now and it has been flawless! runs 200fsb great after putting some as-3 under the chipset fan (Abit doesn't use anything and the air pocket traps heat.) if you plan on running high fsb speeds than somkind of thermal paste is needed on the northbridge! anyway goodluck and enjoy!:D

lol...i got a stupid question....whats the northbridge? is that the little rectangular thing in the center of the cpu?

no its the the mainboard chipset under the fan on the board. its what bridges evrything to the cpu (memory, agp, pci busses) all come together in this location. then the info is sent to the cpu for processing.

Mastametz said:
do i put the paste in any specific place on the northbridge? or do i just spread it all over?

you apply it as you would do with a cpu, but the northbridge uses quite a bit more. it's a bigger area to cover. as always, be careful not to use too much, and for things like my gpu, which has a metal circle core, and the rest of the core looks like plastic covering it or something.....i only cover the metal portion of it.

i also go a bit thicker in the middle, so it can spread out as you mount your heatsink back on. you don't want an air pockets or air bubbles. i use arctic silver III, but you can choose whatever you like. i forget exactly, but i think the northbridge is either convex, or concave...which ever it is, you want to try to determine how much will cover the whole area, without air pockets, and without using so much that is squeezes out the sides.

thermal paste acts as a heat transmitter, or conductor, so, if it gets on the sides of a cpu or gpu or chipset, it can act as an insulator keeping the heat on the part you intend to cool, and if you use AS III, it has silver in it, and although it is formulated not to conduct electricity, it is highly suggested that you do not get it on and contacts and so on.

be careful, and good luck. ;) :D

i won't try to push any specific brand on you since there are a few newer brands out, or so i've heard...my favorite brand has a new product out too....this one has no silver either, but i don't know how well it works til i run out of arctic silver III.........he he he

www.arcticsilver.com ;) :p

Back