• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking with this board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

katka

I'm wondering if it is possible to do something to the mobo in my sig that would allow me to overclock with it. I don't think there is a way to do it, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

First of all, you should check around in the BIOS for any FSB, multiplier or voltage options. This would be under Frequency/Voltage Control but may be named differently in your BIOS. If you don't find anything in the BIOS you could try a program called CpuFSB which will allow you to change the FSB and some other options from Windows. However, this doesn't always work and some motherboards will not be compatible. Although it may be possible to overclock with your current board I would recommend an upgrade to a DDR board with extensive overclocking options such as the Epox 8RDA+.

I've already checked the BIOS (the only useful setting I could change allowed me to adjust how much memory is given to the onboard video). I'll try that CpuFSB tomarrow.

Oh and I am upgrading my computer. Next month for my birthday (May 24th) I'm getting an Abit NF7-S Rev. 2, 1700+ (DLT3C XPMW) and a GeForce 2 TI. I've also got the money for 256 MB of PC 3000, SLK-800, Vantec Tornado (no I don't care about noise), and I just bought a case with a 300W PSU.

katka said:
I've already checked the BIOS (the only useful setting I could change allowed me to adjust how much memory is given to the onboard video). I'll try that CpuFSB tomarrow.

Oh and I am upgrading my computer. Next month for my birthday (May 24th) I'm getting an Abit NF7-S Rev. 2, 1700+ (DLT3C XPMW) and a GeForce 2 TI. I've also got the money for 256 MB of PC 3000, SLK-800, Vantec Tornado (no I don't care about noise), and I just bought a case with a 300W PSU.

Well, good luck trying Cpu FSB and have fun with your new system.:)

If you plan on doing any gaming, you might want to get a better video card, because its really going to bring down your other components--which are really good ones. Something like a Radeon 9500 PRO or even a GF4 Ti 4200 would probably be a better, although slightly more expensive, choice.

Yeah the Video Card does suck, but it's just going to be a temp thing till I get another job. Unless of course I can work out some sort of deal with my mom and dad...hmmmm.

Oh and I tried CpuFSB but couldn't find the PLL on the mobo. Oh well I've waited two years, another 21 days or so won't hurt.

Back