• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS players with A7N8X?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seomthinadk

For those of you who play cs with the A7N8X. My sound is horrible(there is alot of base and almost echo, the sound is fine in half-life, other windows programs, and unreal II) I am still using integrated sound becuz i have no money right now. Other cs players found this problem? I can't figure it out. Thx for the help if you have it.

seomthinadk

There's been some issues w/ Soundstorm. I have popping/static when I play Operation Flashpoint, but it sounds fine in UT2003. Some people think its drivers, some think its the mobo itself and some think it has to do with APIC...I'm still trying to find a solution..I've tried different things, but no complete fix to the sound problems yet...

dling the realtek audio drivers fixed my sound crackling in cs.. though it did replace the nforce2 sound control panel.. but as long as my cs doesnt crackle its all good =d

see, i've heard some say the Realtek drivers helped sound quality, and others that say it didn't...Also, don't you have to only change the drivers to Realtek for the Audio Codec Interface, and leave the Audio Processing Unit with Nvidia drivers?
Either way, i think there is a bigger problem here than just drivers and Asus needs to address this...Now if these Soundstorm problems are happening on other Mobos, like Abit, etc....then Nvidia should be finding a solution for their chipset problems with sound..

Yea...I went ahead and bought an Audigy anyway. CS sounds fine now, although I can't get my mic to work. O the wonderful world of counterstrike.

i got rid of crackling and popping by Arctic Silver Epoxying on a small blue ThermalTake ram heatsink onto the South Bridge

Back