• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7-333 running a tbred?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

Im planning to upgrade my agoia y stepping 1600+ in favor of a new 2600+ or 2700+ No more overclocking for now as I just want a nice stable set up that will run decent for another year. Problem with this chip is A runs to hot and B cant get over 1.8 without it crapping out.

My question is: Do I need the 2nd revision in order to run a tbred 2600+ or 2700+ or do I just needa bios update?

My friend, Abit recomends the use of new 2.2+ :( be careful... theses mobos can't get over 13x...

Krowa 02 said:
Im planning to upgrade my agoia y stepping 1600+ in favor of a new 2600+ or 2700+ No more overclocking for now as I just want a nice stable set up that will run decent for another year. Problem with this chip is A runs to hot and B cant get over 1.8 without it crapping out.

My question is: Do I need the 2nd revision in order to run a tbred 2600+ or 2700+ or do I just needa bios update?

Well, the bad news is... Rev. 1.0 without a rework from ABIT will not take a 2600+ or Above, the good News is you can do the 5th L3 defogger paint work around and set your speed and Multies that way, but there again, the bad news is you can only get a 12.5 Multiplier which will be very limiting... So I guess you just have to look at the glass either HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY ;)

I guess you could always try and find a Rev. 1.1 like I did :) they will take a 2600+ but that's it! No 2700+ unless you're going to do the L3 paint job and set your Multies Manually :(

So to answer your question… Yes you will need a Rev. 1.1 or better to run a 2600+ @ stock speed!

Good Luck with your choice!

DpGravy

Last edited:
Would 12.5 X 166 be to slow for you? If you keep the FSB at 133 or 166 with the right dividers you going to see stock clockspeed stability(slow). Using 12.5 X 166 = 2083MHz which isnt so hard for any T2B, a 1700+ DUT3C JIUHB 0302 wouldnt have any stability or heat issues with that setting. I know you said no overclocking but I guess you know what I am trying to say. Even if the board doesnt officially support it because the multipliers are not available you can always mod the CPU to run at a respectable clockspeed.

The KX7-333R does support higher multipliers then 12.5x. You have to set the multipliers on the chip itself however. If you unlock the chip by doing the motherboard wire trick then you can get the multipliers 12.5x and below. If you have good ram this is a wise decision and 12.5x 200fsb = 2500mhz. Speaking realistically without massive amounts of voltage 12.5x190 = 2375. With your ram at the fastest timings you will see incredible performance.

Back