• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s issues with high fsb and high multi's solved!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ive had this issue and mabey some of you have seen a few of those threads.i put all the blame on the cpu as thats what i thought it was.

i cant run my cpu at its max mhz and its max fsb at the same time.it just wont post or boot windows.
i can do 2.3ghz 225fsb 2vcore
2.4ghz 210fsb 2.1vcore
2.5ghz 200fsb 2.2vcore

i figured it was the chip choking out with to much input/output under high fsb situations.

seems a guy at extremesystems.org soldered extra caps on the back of his mobo to aid the caps next to the mosfets,using them on the back of the mobo.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12275

im not gonna do it myself as i bought this mobo so i wouldnt need to risk doing mods.also my cooling cant handle over 2.1v anyhow as my refer gets overloaded.ive also read over at aoa forums this type of mod coused worse issues than it helped on a 8rda.so i dont advise it myself.

im just gonna buy a chip that runs faster at lower voltages is all.i dont think this is ground breaking news as they seem to think but is well deserved sharing the info for the ones out there hardcore enough to run a system this hard and have these issues and wanna pull your hair out.

Back