• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocz memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

countermods

Disabled
my current mobo will only allow me to put pc 2700 or less in it i read some reviews on ocz memory and it looks ok but i wanted to know how it really is im buying 4 256mb sticks of pc 2700 or should i just wait upgrade my mobo then my ram i do alot of overclocking so would i be better off upgrading mobo and getting 3500 or will i be able to reach 2 ghz with my setup wich is a 1700+tbred and and abit kr7a mobo if i get the ocz pc2700 anfd an xp2100+ any replys would be very much welcome thanxs in advance

ok, if reading that right...first of all...4 sticks of ram on a kr7a motherboard will really hamper your overclocking...and with it being a KT266A chipset without a 5/1 divider will be a problem...The best thing to do is get a NF7-S rev 2.0...has locking PCI so you don't ahve to worry about HD corruption like you will with the KR7A...at around 175FSB....and then if you can afford it...2x PC3500...if not PC3500, at least 2x PC3200...running 2 sticks of ram on the NF7-S you can run in dual channel, which is something else the KR7A does not have...running in dual channel will give you better bandwidth and performance since the system has two memory controllers to read from instead of just one and have to wait...and you should be able to run at least 210FSB right out of the box...that will never be achieved on the KR7A...and if it ever is, it will be a rare achievment...

Back