• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ack My RAM wont work! Need Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kafka

Registered
"Tech Note: Currently, this Motherboard will not work with the following memory by default:

140864 512 MB (2 pcs 256) DDR (400) TwinX512-3200LLPT Corsair XMS
140866 1 GB (2 pcs 512) DDR (400) TwinX1024-3200LLPT Corsair XMS
140868 512 MB DDR (400) CMX512-3200LLPT Corsair XMS 3200
It is possible to get this memory to work on these boards by adjusting the settings in the BIOS to a slightly higher latency (2-3-2 or 2-3-3). Monarch will also match other memory pairs in-house for systems, combos and barebones and assure that it works correctly before shipping. "

This was the memory I was going to buy but I dont want to go through the trouble of changing memory bios. Could someone please suggest a different RAM? Im looking for 1 gig of the best stuff you can find, price is no object. Appreciate it!

Memory

Four 184-pin DIMM sockets
Supports 4 DIMM Single/Dual Channel DDR 400 memory (Max. 4GB).
Supports configurable ECC function

Does this mean the motherboard only supports DDR400? It cannot support the newer 3700 466 mhz stuff? Was considering this but dunno if its compatible.http://store.yahoo.com/pcmemory-stores/duchddpc512.html

Maybe I missed it but I did not see a mother board listed.

You already listed some of the better ram and if all are not working the your settings in the bios are wrong, your mother board is hosed or you are to drunk to be changing ram. (LOL)

AFAIK the memory you linked should work it would provide more head room for overclocking.

Back