• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help Me!!! "8INXP"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dontknowsquat

Hi all this is my first time posting on these boards. I need some help with this mobo that I bought off of ebay, It's a gigabyte 8inxp that came in the mail by itself with no DPVRM or no installation cd. I called customer support and they said that the dps not installed wouldn't affect the mobo at all, with that resolved; I want someone who knows about this board to give me a real "step by step" with what to do. I have the installation cd on it's way but im already up and running so i don't want to wait for something that I don't need at the moment.
I downloaded all of the drivers off of the site for the 8inxp and don't know how or where to install them? I thought that there was some kind of way to flash the bios through windows? but maybe that's on the installation disc. What I want to do run raid with 2x80gig wd hdd I don't have a scsi interface just yet but in the future I would like to get that adapter thingie that converts the EIDE to SCSI but that'll have to wait, so as you can tell I'll be running ATA/EIDE standard with the Raid. But how do I go about doing it, this is my first time building a computer and all aside from just having it up and running i realize that there's alot more tweaking envolved,but I am greatful none the less.:) here's what I have sofar:
gigabyte 8inxp
pentium IV 2.4 with standard "intel" heatsink
1 aftermarket 80mm fan on the back
2x512 266 DDR sticks,slots 1 and 3 non ecc
ATI Radeon 7000 PCI
soundblaster audigy "xgamer"
NEC 10/100 card
hp cd writer plus
sony dru 500ax
and standard floppy 1.44 3.5

Last edited:
you need to go to gigabyte site and download all teh right drivers including the update utlity "@BioS" to flash the bios from windows. Also get teh ata raid driver and then set it to enabled in eth bios and also to RAID mode, reboot and then you can hit ctrl Q (i think) to go into teh RAID setup menu (make sure you have 2 identical disks installed each on their own ide cable) and then you can configure them.

Back