• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Various Questions Regarding NF7-S v2...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MetalStorm

Hi there,

I have been giving overclocking a go recently with my brand new NF7-S v2 mobo, but there are a few things im curious about...

Chipset voltage, when do I need to raise it, if at all?

Ram voltage...Im using Kingston PC3500 HyperX ram at the moment with a fsb of 200, would I only have to increase the voltage if the fsb was higher than 217?

fsb spread spectrum - what does it do???
PCI spread spectrum - same as above

Also, the south bridge is getting rather hot, I can only hold my finger on there for a few seconds, so should I get a heatsink for it? my gfx card is sort of in the way, so i will probably have to break out the power tools! - on the heatsink that is!

Im sure I had more things to ask, but I will come back and ask then when I remember!

Last edited:
the chipset voltage needs raised if high fsb wont run.id just stick it at 1.7v if your over 200fsb.
my hyperx will do anything i ask it to at 2.8v in bios.comes out to 2.9 in mbm tho.it doesnt take as much voltage as my xms3500 does.

those spectrum things set to off.
also disable cpu throttling. its a good feature but not for ocers.
i used a low profile hs off an old ati video card.fits good once you trim the hole tabs off.but it didnt help gain any thing so i took it off.it can be in the way of the agp release tab.easier to not mess with.

When you say high fsb, what sort of range does that include?
Also, what does the spectrum thingy actually do?

Im a bit concerned with voltages at the moment, when I had set it to do 1.825v in the bios, it reported doing 1.79-1.8v but in windows using sandra and the hardware monitor that the motherboard came with they both say that the voltage ranges between 1.76 and 1.78v Which is telling the truth! OR can I test it my self with a multimeter, in which case, can anyone give me some guidance to where I should be poking!

Back