• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S 2.0, won't let me run at 1.875 vcore??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlowBurn

Everytime I put the vcore to 1.875, and reboot. I hear this God awful alarm and it just won't boot. I almost had a heart attack the first time it happened because I turned it off immediately and it wouldn't come back on. I thought, great.. I'm a victim of the corrupted bios party. I tried to turn it on and off about 5 times even holding down the INSERT key... nothing. I opened up the case, found the CMOS jumper cleared it... pushed the power and crossed my fingers. It posted no problem. I tried it again a few days later, being I'm a glutton for punishment, and again the same results. Does anyone have a problem with this, or is there some kind of fail safe setting I'm missing in the bios? Any help is appreciate, because I really want to see if I can get 2.2GHz. Thanks in advance.

mmm that is kind of odd.

I've had the same two problems happen but not at the same time.

IE the "alarm" came from the software included with the mobo/

this is a known problem, my rev2 does it at 1.85vcore, it has nothing to do with the heat or voltage, i think its a bios glitch, i can run higher and lower np, but if i set it to 1.85 sirens go off.

I wanted to try 1.9, just to see if I could get it to boot, but after I heard that damn alarm I'm afraid to touch it!

Back