• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe on ebay: cheap, "hot?"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enobiko

Registered
I've seen some A7N8X Deluxe retail mobos on ebay, and have been tempted, since they tend to go for aroung $110, which is less than you can get online elsewhere. Yes, this is Deluxe, retail box, according to the ad, and shipping is usually $10.
Why so cheap? These probably won't be 2.0 boards, but are these "hot", grey market, what? Or, is the seller loosing his shirt?
I don't want to get burned, and I certainly don't want to support some shady business dealers. The ebay "ratings" look good, 98.8% positive. Am I just being chicken, or should I look at somthing "too good to be true" as having some kinda catch?

i can't really answer your question but i assume it would be a bad idea because you're prolly garunteed that they aren't the 2.0 versions...

Sure, probably not 2.0 boards. So, upgrade path is limited somewhat for upcoming processors. But, for current processors, there should be no problem, right? I am aiming for price, actually, since the Deluxe has such a nice sound "card", I don't have to buy a $30 SB Live value. I'm thinking of a cheap Retail Athlon, maybe 2000+, things get pretty expensive at the top end. I'll wait for the price to come down on those! Even a 2000+ will be a BIG step up from my Celeron! I don't think my Radeon 7500 can use a much faster CPU anyhow. I do a lot of driving games, looking to buy Rallisport Challenge. (I hear it is sensitive to sound cards, and you should have a gigahertz at least... Time to upgrade!)

They are $110.00 for the board and what $30.00 shipping? not much of a bargain anymore. Plus no physical location to take it back. Buy local if possible.

enobiko said:
Sure, probably not 2.0 boards. So, upgrade path is limited somewhat for upcoming processors. But, for current processors, there should be no problem, right? I am aiming for price, actually, since the Deluxe has such a nice sound "card", I don't have to buy a $30 SB Live value. I'm thinking of a cheap Retail Athlon, maybe 2000+, things get pretty expensive at the top end. I'll wait for the price to come down on those! Even a 2000+ will be a BIG step up from my Celeron! I don't think my Radeon 7500 can use a much faster CPU anyhow. I do a lot of driving games, looking to buy Rallisport Challenge. (I hear it is sensitive to sound cards, and you should have a gigahertz at least... Time to upgrade!)

Don't bother with a 2000+... go for a 1700, 1800 or 2100 tbred b and with that board you're almost guarentied to do atleast 2600+ speed fairly easy. Heck I can get 2Ghz out of my new 2100+ on a $50 ECS K7S5A board..... hehe... 2Ghz of AMD power cost me $115! :)

Back