• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

condensation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo_fx

Can i just coat my block in silicone like automotive sealer to keep the condensation off? it would be a hell of a lot easier then trying to get all this damn foam on it and it would be cheap too. LMK if that would work. The water isn't ICE like freezing cold, but there is definetly dew on the outside of my waterlines

Insulate properly. Why take the chance?

I do not believe that the silcone will do the trick. The silcone will also get very cold and condensation will also form and drip. Silcone is not a good insulator.

well depending on the temp of your water and CPU you might be able to get off without insulating around the proc.. just the tube but it really is best to use the foam and dielectric grease

definately insulate properly, you can superglue the foam to the block and make it look really nicely, just make sure everything fits real good, I almost lost a motherboard to not insulating properly. the water was around 3c and the computer all a sudden locked and I was VERY lucky I didnt kill anything

very true, well when the drinking fiuntain is chilling the water it gets cold, the block becomes a huge puddle of water really :)

Back