• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gonna pelt the P1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

four4875

im gonna throw a pelt on my P1 (200 running at 291 @3.54Vcore)
with just air, it runs bout 42º load. im wantin to run a pelt (no specific reason, board is holdin the clock back) and wantin to know what size to use. want as big as my V7+ will take, and not kill my PSU. antec 400 watt smartpower. any suggestions on wattage?

okie dokie then. wonder how cold my cpu will get... it runs fine at 3.0, but i cranked the V up over the winter to get more heat into my room, as it was the only heat source. then i got my AMD, and it got nice and toasty warm in here... now i play with P1... gonna put my modified radioshack thermo. in there next to the core... maybe i'll risk cuttin into the core itselfe and make a grove thingy for it :-D... maybe another day tho... my classic style P1 gets hot as a mofo at 3.5 Vcore....

Guess i have a good p1... it it will do 300 (3 X 100!) stable on 3.2v with a stock Duron HSF.

These old cpu's are fun to play with, if it blows... so what, out what $5? Although I find the p1 are tuff lil chips to blow.

my board maxes ouit at 83x2.5 :-( im lookin for a super socket 7 ATX board so i can go farther. it runs stable right now at 3.0 V. i just took it back down, caus i no longer need the heat.

Im sure less than 80 would do. but whatever is handy.

your envious of the white 9 stars arent you? ;)

Back