• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

geforce 5600 256mb video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

countermods

Disabled
ok well i got the mobo with 8x agp i ordered my 3500 ramnow it comes down to my video card i have always hade nvidia no matter what and i wanna get the gfx 5600 not 256mb vid card is it worth it or shouild i just wait to get the 9800 pro i saw ihn benchmarks that the 9800 pro beat it but benchmarks dont mean crap to me i just want it to play all the newest games including doom 3 with out lag and it needs to look awsome and i figured since nvidia worked with doom3 it would be the best card for the game

Nah... the Radeon 9800 beats the FX5600 by far. In fact, so does the 9500 pro.

Carmack seems to favor ATI these days, actually.

countermods said:
ok well i got the mobo with 8x agp i ordered my 3500 ramnow it comes down to my video card i have always hade nvidia no matter what and i wanna get the gfx 5600 not 256mb vid card is it worth it or shouild i just wait to get the 9800 pro i saw ihn benchmarks that the 9800 pro beat it but benchmarks dont mean crap to me i just want it to play all the newest games including doom 3 with out lag and it needs to look awsome and i figured since nvidia worked with doom3 it would be the best card for the game

Damn, that's the longest sentence I've ever seen. :D

But seriously, the doom3 tech demos have been shown a 9700pro. No FX is worth the money.

Back