• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well what do you now > 8rda extra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I took it opon myself to see if my ram or my board is my limiting factor so I ordered some of the winbond buffalo stuff from newegg I will be testing this stuff on my 8rda and one that I just received from these forums from a member.

I'am trying to get around 220 fsb stable I dont want to have to use any voltage higher then 2.9 on my ram.

I also ordered 2x2100 that I will be testing on both board's. If I dont get fsb of around 215 and cpu speed of around 2.4 I'am going to be p*****. Anyway just wanted to let you guy's know that I will be testing the buffalo 3200 winbond ram and 2x2100 here in about 2 week's any suggestiong on how I shoulg go about testing this stuff to get the best preformance out of it plz let me know.

Have you tried running those settings yet, or are you just planning to do so?

I can tell you from experience that an SLK-800 will NOT cool a 2100+ tbred that has 2.0v running through it unless you put a 80mm delta or a tornado on it...

My tbred 2100+ with an SLK-800 and a 50cfm fan would idle at around 35c with 1.85vcore (2.25ghz) Under hard load, it would rise to 45c, which is on the borderline of too high for keeping stability.

If you plan to try 2.0v, you are going to need watercooling to keep a tolerable noise level.

Also, 215fsb is a bit much if you dont put an iceburg on the NB and a cooler on the SB.

For the ram, if it is PC3200 like you say, there is no reason that it will require anything more than the default 2.6v to run a 200fsb with its SPD timings.

I have corsair LL ram and i can run a 210fsb (420mhz DDR) with timings of 5-2-2-2-1T at 2.6v without any trouble.

Good Luck

Well I have a 84 cfm tornada on my slk and also a 100+ cfm 120mm in the window. I have a iceberg on the NB, passive on the SB, ramsink's on the mosfet, and a ramsink on the little chip above them.

I'am planing to put the same on my new board I just got and I have pc3000 that maxes out @ 208 but I'am waiting to see what this 3200 will do.

No bonus with dual channel ram unless your mem speed is less than your FSB ( <100%). Even then, it is not faster than running in sync....

Back