• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which ram does the NF7-S v2.0 prefer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Corsair TWINX 512MB (256 x 2) PC3200LL

it runs great, i've had it up to 220Mhz at 6/2/2/2 timings but it was completely stabil so i backed it down to 215Mhz. the only problem is i had to boot the motherboard with a slower stick of ram first and set the timings manually, without doing this the board wouldn't boot. it has something to do with the tight timings of the ram.

How about Kingston HyperX PC3500, any problems with this mobo? Was going to get this mobo and 1 Gig of that RAM and wanted to make sure first.

-NORE

For $126. shipped, you can get 2*256 Twinmos/Winbon PC3200 ;)

Mine runs @ 400mhz and above right out of the box @ 200FSB with CAS 2,3,3,3,6 even though it's rated at CAS 2.5 this stuff runs at PC3500 speed with NO problems! :D

But you can't go wrong with Corsair either... I have XMS PC3200 in both of my KX7333R boards Runs great!

Still not sure they figured out what the problem was with the HyperX Kingston and NF7 board's I think I would stay clear of that one for a while! Just my opinion :)

Hope that helps!

DpGravy

the hammer said:

Hyper-X & Nforce2 tend to have problems together

Hammer

How about Mushkin PC3200? The reason why I'm asking is that they sell it at Best Buy and I can get it for really cheap.

Thanks,
NORE

EDIT: Mushkin seems to be good, Newegg never has it in stock.

Last edited:
N.O.R.E. said:

How about Mushkin PC3200? The reason why I'm asking is that they sell it at Best Buy and I can get it for really cheap.

Thanks,
NORE

EDIT: Mushkin seems to be good, Newegg never has it in stock.

Mushkin is top notch ram. In fact the good high level ram from them use the Winbond chips. They tend to have a very good construction and use copper heat spreaders instead of aluminum. If you order direct from Mushkin and put in "OCTOOLS" as a coupon code, you will get a 10% discount. You can get two 256MB sticks of there PC3500 delivered to your door for $142.20 if you use 3-5day express saver.

Hammer

the hammer said:

Hyper-X & Nforce2 tend to have problems together

Hammer

As of right now just the NF7-S rev 2.0 has issues with the Kingston Hyper X and abit is working on the problem...they have a nice write up over at abits forum about the problem and when the new BIOS should be ready to correct the issue...the Hyper X runs great on almost every other NF2 board...runs great in the 8RDA+'s and the NF7-S rev 1 and 1.2's...as for Asus having problems...so far Asus has not issued any reports about their NF2 boards having any issues running the Hyper X...but the Hyper X is just like any other memory out...some people will get bad sticks and not fully understand the problem and must think it is a compatability issue and not just a bad piece of hardware...

I'm running a pair of 256 MB TwinMos/Winbond PC3200 (10.5x225, 10x227, 6-2-2-2) and a pair of Corsair 512 MB XMS PC3500C2 (11x215, 6-2-2-2) in a couple of my NF7-S 2.0 boards, sync and dual channel, stock NB cooler, 1.7vdd, 2.8 vdimm.

So thats my problem kingston is sucking *** with the NF7-s this have been ****ing me offf really bad i can't get the FSB up over 190 and run stable

I have 2x 512 of hyper-X with a XP 2400

$80 512Mb sticks of Samsung PC3200 DDR400 work solid @ 200MHz. I haven't tried any higher.

Things seem more stable with the new abit NF7-S v2.0 beta bios they just put up at their site.

Last edited:
I've just bought this abit nf7 v2.o board...and paired it with some mushkin 3500 sticks, though I cant seem to get the system to load windows at 220fsb or 215fsb...I have the latest beta bios but find a dead end here...there is a setting in softmenu that mentioned cpu interface, once I disabled that I got more o/c.
Hey am I being to ambitous with my setup lol

cheers

rangi said:
I've just bought this abit nf7 v2.o board...and paired it with some mushkin 3500 sticks, though I cant seem to get the system to load windows at 220fsb or 215fsb...I have the latest beta bios but find a dead end here...there is a setting in softmenu that mentioned cpu interface, once I disabled that I got more o/c.
Hey am I being to ambitous with my setup lol

cheers

I suggest you read this thread http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196180

It was written by me the other day and assuming your PC3500 is identical to mine, you need to drop your Vdimm to the lowest setting and raise your latencies. If you don't believe what I am saying, then go run Memtest86 at the FSB's that you are trying to run at using high voltages and low latencies....The Errors will scream back at you.

Hammer

Back