• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switch Circuit & Program for Fridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJ Switch

My my free-bie fridge from a fellow neighbor whos had one laying around in storage came in a few days ago and I plugged in the bad boy, just to realize an angel of a wiring diagram. :D It looks a little something like this:
DSC00641.JPG

Now what I would like to do is find some sort of program that can take an everyday input of the dew point (manually or auto) and have the compressor maintain the fridge/freezer one or two degrees above it (turn on when the compressor reaches my upper threshold, and shut off a few degrees before the daily dew point.) I have a circuit that uses the parallel port to switch a relay that I could use, but I would need correct programming in order to utilize it. I have a temperature input that is labeled PSU Temp. in bios that could monitor the fridge/freezer's current temp.

This is for the reason I do not want a tacky looking motherboard that requires condensation prevention, however I do plan to drastically drop what little humidity we have here in Colorado by a "dehumidifier" slab like material that absorbs water vapors, thus lowering the dew point.

Thank you
Kyle

Back