• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to find a good, stable, cheap P4 board that supports 1.5ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheezboy

My friend wants DDR but doesn't want to spend a fortune what board would you recommend for cheap that supports DDR, P4 1.5ghz, and built in NIC if possible

I have no experience with it, but the Albatron PX845PEV PRO is a very popular board and it is only 80.99 over at newegg.
There is a huge thread devoted to it on the other motherboard section. Definitely a cheap 845PE option.

I have an Albatron PX845PEV Pro and it's a good cheap P4 board. I've also used, and liked, the Asus P4S533 which is about $72 at newegg. Of the 2 I'd choose the Albatron for the Intel chipset, but both are good boards.

Luck!

Hmm, just make sure it's a Socket 478 board that you need. The 1.5GHz P4 came in Socket 478 or Socket 423 flavors - the 423-pin one is tougher to find good boards for. Definitely none with good, up to date chipsets.

If you have a S478 CPU, I say go on the Albatron. I run my 2.4 in one - it's at about 3.05 right now, so I'm happy. For only $80, how can you miss? I've had exactly 0 incidents with it so far, so it seems very solid.

Also Albatron has great tech support if your board should fail. They reply the same day. I even got a call from them asking if I could send a picture of my socket that melted instead of them just saying no we will not replace that. By the way, before you think it was albatron's flaw, it wasn't.

The Abit BH7 is a better motherboard and it has built in LAN. It was only $84 at newegg.com last week.

Back