• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roc

Registered
I recently purchased a 8RDA+ to replace my 8K3A+. I am running 2 sticks of Corsair 3200 c2 T-1 512 modules. The system will not even post at 185 FSB 100% sync. I have tryed a sorts of timings and voltages. Any help would be appreciated.

A couple of things to note that could cause problems for you:

1.) did you try lowering your cpu multiplier a lot (to like 7 or 8) - just to see if its a CPU issue, or a memory issue.

2.) also, if you have the LL corsair ram (SPD programmed for 5-2-2-2-1T), the EPoX boards (along with many other nForce2's) will not post using that ram unless you manually specify the timings in the BIOS. Setting them to AUTO or SPD will not work unless you have the most recent bios. This causes another problem: due to the bios design of the 8rda, when you change your FSB, the system reboots using default values (100fsb, SPD timings), flashes your bios with the new FSB, then reboots using your bios settings. The trouble comes when it tries to boot the corsair using SPD timings - which we know it cant do. The workaround is to add another ram chip (with normal spd timings like 7-3-3-3) before you change the fsb. Then you can change your fsb, save settings. The board will then reboot and show a bios flash warning. After that completes, it will reboot. Once that happens, you can turn off the system, remove the slow memory, and it should work - until you change more bios settings.

It is a major pain in a$$ for those of us with GF4 video cards, since we need to remove our video card in order to install RAM.

Hope that helps.

Back