• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to peltier.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Im pretty new to peltier I just pretty much understand how they work what they do,pricing etc. Currently I have watercooling which from my understanding is good to have with a peltier but I was wondering what else I would need if i decided to go with peltier cooling. For both my cpu and videocard.

some dialetic(sp) grease and neoprene to insulate it. You will also need to make sure you can give it enough power. I am in the market for a pelt now too. I'm looking at the swiftech models. they look nicely made:)

hey nimrod, it's dialelectric lubricant :), lol. And yeah, you will need to insulate it. That is to keep it from getting condinsation. And I have that swiftech model you are talking about nimrod. I have the MCW462-uht. I have a dedicated Raidmax 500w (25A on the 12V) for the tec and getting excellent temps. Gotten as low as -5C according to MBM5

nice did you run your psu parallel to the main one? I'm thinking about doing that so that I can add a pelt to my cpu and gpu. I'm not sure how hot the water would get though. I have a pretty good w/c setup though so I dont think it would be too bad.

-5c is great man!

Back