• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT3v Ultra Vcore adjustments

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twister

I got one of these in trade for labor to build a system. Here's my head scratcher.
With a 1700+ A the max vcore adjustment in the bios is 1.70v
With a 1700 B it's 1.60v
With a Duron 1.3 it 1.85v

Havent tried my 2100 B in it ,but is there a jumper, bios setting, or new bios that will allow vcore adjustments that aren't based on the processor with this board?

All of these processors have access to the full vcore range in my Epox.

Sorry no one answered this yet for you - Most MSI boards read the processor's default desired voltage via the bridges, and then give you a range based AROUND that voltage to play with, maxing at .1 v over stock.

a 1.75v processor would have a max adjustment of 1.85 volts.
a 1.5 would have a max of 1.6
etc

If you need to go higher, cut / paint bridges to increase your chip's default voltage.

Thanks InThrees,
Was hoping to find a workaround that would disable this function. Gotta be a mod for that board to do this. I was considering using this board to replace my current backup, Epox 8kha+, but with this limitation it will end up as a build for someone else. Anyone done a mod on this board ?

Back