• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing windows now on an Abit IS7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nomjr

If your not pushing it, why are you here?
Just finished installing windows on it. Booted up and found no nic, so put in driver disk. Something popped up saying detecting ______. Not sure but anyways I thought it had a realtek nic onboard and xp would just install the drivers.

Well, it went into a 3com menu to install the nic after I clicked on install drivers and it says gigabit nic now installed. I looked at the board again and it does have a 3com chip on it just below the ethernet port. In device manager it says 3com gigabit nic.

Is there any way to tell if I really have gigabit ethernet?

More to come;)

Last edited:
well, you could hook it up to another computer with gigabit lan, and see if you can transfer files, etc, at gigabit speed. which it probably doesn't achieve, but it should be much faster than regular lan anyway.

Also, the i don't belive that the gigbit part applies to your internet. It only applies to networking with other computers. and the other computer must have gigabit lan also.

yeah, that's the thing, I don't have another machine with gigabit lan. I guess I could look for something on the 3com site as I have the chip markings written down to go searching ;)

this is where it's at so far, sorry for the bad pic
mem.jpg

comments or criticism, suggestions even?(I come here to learn) :) I'm going to let it run prime over night, going to bed.

Last edited:
Thank you and yeah it's a costa rica sl6rz. So far it runs through both 3dmarks, 10 runs of sandra burn in, and I'm going to let it run prime over night. Hope it's still going in the morning and if so, I'll throw memtest at it before I leave for work.

I'm not sure if I'm using the settings right or not as there are a few new ones in there now, but it's beating up on my old bh7 so far and everything just feels faster. Can't wait to get a 800fsb cpu ;)

Last edited:
If my DFI PRO875 Canterwood board ($220) doesn't pan out I'm thinking getting one of these. Is it a red PCB like I've seen pictured? and does it have any serial ports?

thorn- yes, it is that orange that the bh7 comes in, and if your talking about a serial port, the nine pin thing right? It has one.

Csybe- vcore is set to 1.65, but it seems to undervolt a little and showing around 1.63-64 in mbm and bios. Woke up to prime still running this morning and my load temp is 29c. I have an aquarium water chiller on it and my idle temp is around 22-23c.

Going to run memtest and see if that's a go there. Will try to go higher if memtest has no trouble and will report what happens later.

Last edited:
very nice nomjr :)

your mips are way off, but multimedia is higher. strange. here's mine on my BD7II Brookdale (845E)

10455a.jpg

its nice to see that the board works up to 200fsb with 533bus chips. i might just hafta pick one of these up.

can you comment on any of the other bios settings? is everything easy to setup, change? good options? any gripes yet?

Is there a setting I should try to make up for that? I noticed that too. I'll play with it alot more when I get off work. I'll post some pics of the bios options along with my settings too and see if you can suggest something for me to try.

update: just changed from 1:1 to spd and now I get this for mips-
mem3.jpg

Going to mess with it some more, have to go back to work :(

Last edited:
very interesting.

so you had it on spd then changed to 1:1 and your score was that much different?? weird.

Thanks Rasputin'sLiver, I haven't even looked around much to see how this is doing compared to the canterwood. This is one of those times that I do wish others had it already and I could learn from them though ;)

Maxvla- I had it 1:1 then changed it to by spd and the mips went up as you can see. Like I said, wish others had this thing already so I could ask some questions:)

Just going to keep upping the fsb and testing for stability, sure to hit the ceiling here soon I would think. Any questions please ask as I'm not sure what I'm totally doing so experimentation is interesting so far ;)

anything you've seen you'd like changed?

how are voltage adjustments?

I heard there was a way to tell by looking at the connectors or something but I can't remember exactly what to look for.

Back