• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMDxp1700+(JIUHB) with GA-7VTXH+ ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

foodi

hi guys.. ive recently managed to get one of these overclockable amd cpus.. but my motherboard is an old 7vtxh+..

tho its not really an overclockers board there are still a bunch of multiplier settings i can fiddle with..

i was wondering if you guys had any advice on this combo?

how far can i go with OC'ing this cpu with this mobo??

i hope you can help me out

(im using micron 266 pc2100 ddr ram)

thanks for your time

What is the max multiplier on that mobo? Which CPU do you have, ie is it the DLT3C or DUT3C?
How do you set the FSB on that mobo, ie Dips then Bios or just all BIOS? and what is the max FSB.
Hood

thanks for the quick reply, hood!

max multiplier is 12.5

i have the DLT3C cpu..

as for fsb, i think its all BIOS.. im not suire what you mean by "dips".. im really kinda new to OC'ing.

theres switches on teh mobo to change fsb, but i think bios over rides those.. im not sure

and i think max fsb is 166

Ok well youve got the best OCing 1700 so thats good.
The dips on the mobo will change the FSB to a range and then you can set higher in the BIOS. To explain a bit better its as follows,
When you set the dip switch to 100MHz the FSB is divided by 3 to give a PCI of 33MHz, when the dip is set to 133 the FSB is divided by 4 for PCI, and if you can set to 166by dips (which I doubt) the PCI is divided by 5. Therefore when at 133 on mobo and then in the BIOS you set to 140 your PCI would be 140/4=35MHz, but if the switch on the mobo was at 100MHz and you set the FSB to 140 in the BIOS your PCI would be 140/3=46MHz(too much OCed). Im not very good at explaining so hope you follow, but what the dip switch does is select a divider for a FSB range so that the PCI is not excessivly OCed when you increase the FSB.
You should manage to get the FSB up to 144 quite easily and with the multi set to 12.5x you will have 1800MHz. Its not that great an OC for that CPU but it will be your mobo thats holding you back. As I said 144 should be easy to get and you may get as much as 155 or possibly slightly more, but it will depend on memory and PCI/AGP hardware, because at 155 with the Dip at 133 your PCI would be 155/4=38MHz and AGP would be 76MHz.
If you have the option to set the FSB to 166 by the dip switch you are laughing, doing that would let you set the FSB to 166 and more and then the CPUwould be starting to get where it belongs. The only prob you would have is that with PC2100 you would probably be struggling.
Hood

Back