• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Excelsior

KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!!
Well a friend says he can offer me
This Shipped for 50 bucks.. But it only has a cooling capacity of 8 gallons per hour seemingly... would this be worth it for a water chiller...? I want to get it i just dont know if it would be at all worth it for a computer cooling application.

Any help appriciated.

Thanks

i say go for it and try... if you can use a RAD goin into it (unless it can keep the water below ambient comin out of the block) it will improve temps, as the chiller makes the water goin in colder than it is.. so i hope you get the point
but it may be worth it, if not you'll prolly be able to salvage the compressor and condensor and capilary and whatever else and make a phase change system.

ARGH!!

He decided not to sell me it...

DAmnit i want one of these type things....

Can someone tell me how to MAKE one of those type things by getting the materials?? dont want a phase change thing for cpu itself just a phase change to cool the water... i dont want to have to insulate this motherboard...

POP!!!!!!

that was your bubble!

if you "chill" your water below the due point you will need to insulate N E wayz. well at least the lines.

that was a great deal on that chiller box. too bad though.

Ct. Strangelove said:
POP!!!!!!

that was your bubble!

if you "chill" your water below the due point you will need to insulate N E wayz. well at least the lines.

that was a great deal on that chiller box. too bad though.

Weather inside your case - that would suck. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Does anyone have a rough idea at what water temperature it would be possible to use insulation on the water tubes but not on the waterblock? Alternatively, how about putting plasti-dip or some other coating on the waterblock to prevent dew formation? Some cool possibilities here...

Ken

Back