• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Seriously Needs Comp. Expert

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

USAPGAPRO

Ok I just got in My NF7-S rev. 2.0, DLT3C proc., Corsair XMS3500 ram.

I get everything set up, go to press the power button, and I get like 5 or so beeps (all the same length) and then my CPU fan idles down and then the entire comp. shuts down.

I have double checked everything. I used some diff. ram and still does that same thing. I have reseated the HS like 7 times. I have cleared CMOS. Nothing seems to work. I need some real expert help here.

I also should have enough power cause I was running the system in my sig. with the same PS.

Please help.

USAPGAPRO said:
I get everything set up, go to press the power button, and I get like 5 or so beeps (all the same length) and then my CPU fan idles down and then the entire comp. shuts down.

Please help.

Beep Codes:
  1. No beep at all - this means your motherboard is dead, either due to a defective or underpowered power supply, poorly seated CPU or RAM, or a dead-on-arrival board
  2. One beep - board is working fine
  3. One long beep then machine shuts down - faulty, improperly installed or missing CPU
  4. 1 short(Beep) System booting is normally
  5. 2 short(Beep) CMOS setting error
  6. 1 long - 1 short(Beep) DRAM ERROR
  7. 1 long - 2 short(Beep) Display card or monitor connected error
  8. 1 long - 3 short(Beep) Keyboard Error
  9. 1 long - 9 short(Beep) ROM Error
  10. Long(Beep) continuous DRAM isn't inserted correctly.
  11. Short(Beep) continuous POWER supply has a problem
  12. A two-tone siren, generally caused by overheating or out of specification voltages.
  13. Four beeps then machine shuts down. This is because this version of the BIOS will shut down your machine if no fan tachometer signal is detected on the fan header. Make sure you attach a fan to the FAN1 or FAN4 header or clear CMOS to reset to default (no checking).[/LIST=1]Make sure what the beeps are & compare them to the list above.

Sonny - thanks for the codes.
USAPGAPRO, conc. your problem: after clearing cmos - my next step would be taking the battery out overnight and try next day.

Thanks for all the help guys. My friend just came over with his rig and we traded out parts. We came to the conclusion that my CPU was DOA. Hes CPU works fine in my board, but mine doesnt work at all in his. I hope excaliberpc.com has a good RMA service. Thanks again for all of yalls help.

USAPGAPRO said:
Thanks for all the help guys. My friend just came over with his rig and we traded out parts. We came to the conclusion that my CPU was DOA. Hes CPU works fine in my board, but mine doesnt work at all in his. I hope excaliberpc.com has a good RMA service. Thanks again for all of yalls help.

Excaliber has EXCELENT RMA service!! You will have NO problem what so ever! But then again, that depends on if you have an OEM processor or a "IN DA BOX" processor. LOL (J/K) :p

Good Luck!

DpGravy

Back