• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe Soundstorm vs NF7-SSoundstorm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

Are u guys who are using the NF7-S on board sound having the same issues as the A7N8X? The static/popping/hissing in certain games, etc...I've tried different drivers, even downloaded the Windows Update for Nvidia Soundstorm..but still no real fixes yet....I'm thinking its just a problem with the board itself. I might get a NF7-S if it doesn't have these sound problems. Or is it just a problem with the Nforce chipset itself, regardless of motherboard manufacturer?

Thanks for any suggestions..

I have had no problem with mine. I play BF 1942 and all mods, NFS:HP2, NWN,Vietcong,JKII, and UT2K3. This is the best onboard sound I have ever had.

I have no problems, and I must say, when going from an Audigy Plat. to this "On Board Sound sys." I was, and still am, VERY impressed :D

DpGravy

any of you go from the a7n8x to the nf7-s...i'm trying to get some comparison...I'm lookin at maybe gettin an nf7-s if its a better oc'er and more stable with no sound problems...

unwrittenLaw said:
any of you go from the a7n8x to the nf7-s...i'm trying to get some comparison...I'm lookin at maybe gettin an nf7-s if its a better oc'er and more stable with no sound problems...

I went directly from the a7n8x delux to the nf7-s and tried soundstorm on both. I used the delux soundstorm, and didnt really like the sound quality. I bought an Audigy2, and then later purchased an nf7-s. Before plugging in my Audigy2, I tried the onboard sound. Same quality as the asus, again didnt really like it.

I would say the onboard sound on these 2 boards is identical. I did not have any popping or static on either of them. Neither had the kinda sound quality I was looking for though. If you thought the asus sound was sufficient, you will think the same about the nf7-s.

thanks for the replies...

it sounds like this is mainly a chipset problem in general..not mobo specific.

Back