• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram holding me back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaos Snake

I've got a kt-400 plat board and Samsung ram. Got it up to 166 fst anything higher then that system becomes unstable no matter how many volts I put to it. I was wondering if anyone else has tried Crucial Micron pc 3200 or higher on this board and if so what were your results?

The highest I was able to hit comfortably on my board was 169*13 @1.775v with my generic samsung PC2100. I got the board stable at 172*13 with the same ram, but the temps were unreasonable, so I backed off.
Ever since I got WinXP to install finally my FSB settings have given stability issues. Right now I am stuck at 148*13.5 @1.65v, any higher and Seti @home shuts down at random intervals. I got it running with WinXp at 164*13, but Seti crashed out within a few mins.

The strange thing is that Seti will crash out but windows stays running and does not lock up.

Back