• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Preventing bios corruption with NF7-S?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darko

Registered
I had a bios corruption on the 1.2 board a few days ago

I' am now waiting for a new one (hopefully the 2.0)

I started oc-ing and it worked fine until i reached a 190FSB.
I rebooted and got a black screen.
After a few more times I suceeded to go back in to the bios and changed the settings to a lower fsb.

At the point I was saving the bios the system stopped responding... result bios corruption.

So i think if you are oc-in and the system isn''t stable anymore you should discharge the cmos with the jumper so the system is at default settings.

Afterwards you can change bios settings again.

What do you guys think of this?

Darko said:
I had a bios corruption on the 1.2 board a few days ago

I' am now waiting for a new one (hopefully the 2.0)

I started oc-ing and it worked fine until i reached a 190FSB.
I rebooted and got a black screen.
After a few more times I suceeded to go back in to the bios and changed the settings to a lower fsb.

At the point I was saving the bios the system stopped responding... result bios corruption.

So i think if you are oc-in and the system isn''t stable anymore you should discharge the cmos with the jumper so the system is at default settings.

Afterwards you can change bios settings again.

What do you guys think of this?

I havn't had any BIOS corruption. I have had a couple scares though that a CMOS clear was able to handle.

Hammer

Just curious, but why is there bios corruption?

I know on my KT400 Asus A7V8X, there's bios corruption at high FSB(190) becuase of the lack of a 1/6 divider. Why are there problems with them nforce2 boards due to high fsbs?

Back