• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB question please help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aron1234

Registered
I have an A7N8X DLX Motherboard. I have 256 mb of 2700 ddr ram. I tried changing the FSB to 166 mhz from 133 and changed the myltiplier from 12.5 to 10 so it was 10x166=1666. but when i booted up it said CPU speed incorrect please correct it. I believe that you dont have to unlock the proccessor with an A7N8X mother board. why didnt it work.:(

hi if you go into youre bios
on the first screen "main"
goto( halt on ) and change this to no errors
that should work :D
good luck

i ve tried that but when i exit the bios the screen just goes black so i turned off the mai power and it worked. but then in windows i saw it was only runing at 1250 mhz and at 100 mhz FSB.

If it is a XP2000 Pali, you will have to unlock it...It's only Tbreds and higher that are unlocked...

Ok its a palimino is that a pali im not going to unlock it im scared i could damage my board ill buy a new CPU

pali is short for palimino...and yes you will have to unlock it...and as cheap as the 1700 DLT's from Excaliberpc are...you could get one for around 80.00 shipped...depending on where you are located and have a 2.3 to 2.5Ghz CPU...

Better to make sure to get one soon though...once they sell out of the X and W steppings they will be gone since the 1700 was discontinued...wasn't very many W's left when I ordered mine Thursday night...

Ok when i do that that will it be able to run at 166x12.5
and is the barton default FSB 166

Back