• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble with Epox 8RDA+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EspElement

I am having a big problem with the bios i flashed a new one like a dumb **** but every thing ran much smoother and it was running great for 2-3 weeks well.... i ordered some new memory (Geil 3500 6T 3T 3T 2cas 1T 512) and i installed it without my old memory (crucial 2700 512x2) and i was just over clocking my 2500 tring to get higher then 180 fsb but geting this new memory stick didnt allow it to go further well i decided to clock it back to 175 cause 180 was very unstable and i put my old sticks of memory in filled all hte slots and it only amounted to 1.5 gb of memory which its max is 3gb well now the ****er starts up and says something about the bios and to put A:/ drive media in the floppy drive i made a flash disk with awdflash.exe and it loaded awdflash.exe but then it wouldnt flash i couldnt do anything it was like stuck i was like wtf my god anyways is there a way to get this flashed ? is there a way i can get a new bio chip and take this one off and put a new one on? should i rma? can newegg fix it?

1. Reset your bios with the motherboard jumper.
2. Reboot.
3. Use punctuation.

I have had this issue before...and clearing the CMOS is also clearing the BIOS...setting the BIOS back to default...and clearing the CMOS should help, if not...hold down the insert key while tapping the delete key...also what BIOS are you trying?

newest bios by epox 3/05/03 i dont recall the number tho
well if i reset my cmos that resets my bios back to normal? well i ask this cause reseting cmos didnt work i tried alots of **** but was wierd was i took my mother board out looked at it poped it back in and it wouldnt start i was ****ing freaking out well i took the switch connecter and was sticking it on the diff prongs tring to get it to do something i put it on the 3.4 of the speaker connecter and whola it made a wierd ****ing noise then i put it back to the normal spot and it started but was still at that gay *** screen needing A floppy media but i heard a guy got his to flash using that when i hit enter witht eh awdflash in and the bios it would tell me to hit enter again it was ****ed up i tried both enters i got to try that insert and tapping del

The 3303 BIOS was taken off of Epox's site...the 3/05/03 is the 3305...which is the newest one listed on the Epox site...I personally am running the 3501 which is a nice BIOS...has helped the low bandwidth when using under 11x multi. and has helped the Corsair issue even more then the last one...

The 3305 can be found at AOA.

I bet you are using the 3402 which is a beta BIOS...I didn't have any real problems with it...but did notice some stability issues when running at 190FSB DC after a few days straight...IE started creating errors...but a quick reboot would solve that issue for another few days...the 3402 did solve the Corsair issue on the 8RDA+ though...

by the looks of your first post i think that your saying that you have both types of ram {crucial+geil} in the board at the same time.
these boards are pretty picky when it comes to ram so maybe you should take one or the other out and see if it boots.

Back