• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT4 Ultra with XP2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jhoweeee

I would very much so like to overclock my xp2000 to an 1.85GHZ proc, maybe even a 1.9. But, it seems that when I set the multiplier at 14 when the FSB is at 133, my mobo doesn't put out video. Also my D-Bracket gives the signal that the CPU isn't functioning correctly. So I tried setting it at 150 FSB and 12.5/13 multiplier, same thing. I lessened it to 145 FSB, and it boots, though windows will not load. It runs unstable and says Ntfs.sys is missing, etc... (typical symptoms of an overheating proc...even though my proc never went above 39 degrees celcius). The highest specs my system will run stable on is 140 FSB with a 12.5/13 multiplier. Why?? I've got a Volcano 7 which is cooling the CPU wonderfully, along with 4 80mm fans pulling air in (2 from front, 2 from back) and one 120mm fan mounted at the top pulling it all out. (the chassis is at a constant 35 degrees celcius, pretty nice) If anybody can tell me why my system acts like it's overheating at 39 degrees celcius, (or maybe it's another setting in my BIOS I need to adjust) I'd greatly appreciate it. Here are my system specs:

MSI KT4 Ultra
XP2000 proc - Volcano 7 w/ Arctic Silver
1 gig 333 DDR RAM
4 60GB Western Dig. hard drives (2 of them Raid5)
ATI Radeon 8500LE

Thanks
Justin

Have you unlocked the processor ?

if not you will not be able to change the multiplier at all...

also don't bank on hitting 1.85 - 1.9Ghz unless your CPU is a T-Bred B, my old XP2000 would only do 1.77Ghz stable with 1.85V

Yeah, that XP2000 is more than likely a Palomino just like my Pally 2000.

Unlocking the processor is not terribly difficult, and when you're done, you should be able to run 11x166 @ 1.84ghz at 1.85 volts or less, depending on your mileage, and exactly what stepping / hold old your palomino is.

Back