• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone heard of a ECS K7S6A?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wandl

I just bid and won on a ECS K7S6A mobo and a GF3 Ti200 64MB...I actually was going for the GF3 and figured the ECS mobo will do nicely as a backup...thought initially at first it was a typo but the seller had a picture on the auction on Ebay that clearly shows the manual saying it is an ECS K7S6A...

NEver heard of it..can't find it on pricewatch..anyone else heard of it? I wonder how it differs from the K7S5A....

Just wondering..

Yes I had one for a while and ended up selling it to my brother. It was a decent mobo. Not the best preformer but adiquit for him to surf and e-mail etc. Dont expect it to OC though. As I remember there are not too many bios updates on that board.

That board is a little over 2yrs old...runs the SiS 745 chipset...the board was discontinued for sale last year...hence why their are very few BIOS updates...it is a very stable MB...but you can not OC it...at least with the BIOS I was using with mine...I was using mine as a folding rig...great for that...can't beat the stability...but becareful...the temp shutdown in the BIOS does not work...it will not shutdown when say your CPU fan stops and your rig is still folding away...found this out Wensday the hardway...RIP 1800...

glock19owner said:
That board is a little over 2yrs old...runs the SiS 745 chipset...the board was discontinued for sale last year...hence why their are very few BIOS updates...it is a very stable MB...but you can not OC it...at least with the BIOS I was using with mine...I was using mine as a folding rig...great for that...can't beat the stability...but becareful...the temp shutdown in the BIOS does not work...it will not shutdown when say your CPU fan stops and your rig is still folding away...found this out Wensday the hardway...RIP 1800...

daaamn..thx for the heads up though..

Back