• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G info needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lukozer

*WARNING: Possibly the dumbest question in the history of these forums is about to be asked*

I've been looking at the Abit website for info on the IC7-G board but only find 2 boards listed using the 875P chipset, the IC7 and the IC7-G MAX2 Advance. Are the IC7-G and the IC7-G MAX2 Advance the same thing or are they two different boards? If they are different, can someone please give me a link to the specs of the IC7-G.

Thanks in advance...

Not quite the same mobo :)

Let me qualify the 'same' statement.
The IC7 and the IC7-G share the same chipset and a lot of the same features.

The IC7-G just has more of them:

-2 extra SATA channels (totalling 4)
- Gigabit ethernet support

Is that worth the extra $60? You decide.
I have 5 hard drives, a CD burner and a DVD burner. That will not fit on the IC7 , which will only take 6 devices...

I have to run in 3:4 mode when approaching 280+ bus speeds, this ability to select ratios is paramount when overclocking cpu. My pc3200 will not be able to handle a 280mhz clock.... Which brings me to my next question.... will abit ever release a bios with more ram to bus ratios (better increments)? because its very difficult to hit exactly 200mhz ram with only 3:4 4:5 and 1:1 ratios especially when you are changing the fsb so much.

Here comes another question. If I put in my old trusty 2,66 cpu that I love so much (3600mhz) What possibilities do I have then?
Can I have my Corsair 3500 run properly at 180mhz bus speed?

Back