• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whoopsie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InfamousHindu

i just bought a 226 watt peltier from danger den. It gonna get hooked up to my Thermal Take silent pure power xaser 480Watt PSU. It says Imax=24 Amps, what does that mean.

P.S. can ne one provide with detailed instruction on how to hook one of these up to my PSU.

With a peltier that size, you might want to consider buying a dedicated power supply unit for it. It depends what your system is though, and what the power supply you are using at the momment is ratted for.

Imax=24Amps - I is the symbal for Amps (amount of current drawn), so Imax is the maxium ammount of current it will draw.

To decide whether or not you need a new power supply, look on the side of you power supply, and it should have its ratings. Look for the ammount of amps which is supplied on the 12V line. If it is 28 or under (allowing room for other devices on the line), than I suggest you buy another power supply. Look on the dangerden site under the TECs, the meanwell PSU they show there is adequate.

If your Powersupply is able to supple the TEC with enough power, than you will most likely need to buy some heavy duty wire, and a molex male plug. Solder the negative and positive wires from the TEC to the heavy duty wire (if you need it), and then solder the wires into the molex plug (you want it so that the red wire touches with the yellow wire from the female plug, and the black wire with the black wire next to the yellow wire).

You need to be careful though with a 226W pelt, because condensation becomes an issue. Just thought I might warn you first. There have been articles before on how to deal with condensation, look for them here .

Hope this helps

Back