• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change Paypal Status?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToledoSteel

I have a Paypal account, for a couple years it was a regular personal account. Then someone tried to pay me with a CreditCard and I had to upgrade to a Premier Account to accept it. Thats fine, except now they charge me 3% on anything transfered into my account if its a CreditCard or not. It really irks me. How do I go back to a personal account, I don't care if I can't recieve CreditCards, I'm just tired of getting wacked 3% for every transaction. And I feel like a putz asking people for more money to cover the fee. I'm not a buisiness, I'm just a guy who sells my old stuff to cover some cost on upgrades.

I think that with the new TOS, you get charged anyway, and after a certain upcoming date(not sure when) everyone has to elevate their status. Bear in mind that with eBay involved, they are going to be a bit more moneygrubbing.

ToledoSteel said:
And I feel like a putz asking people for more money to cover the fee. I'm not a buisiness, I'm just a guy who sells my old stuff to cover some cost on upgrades.

Just make sure you charge more for the item and not charge a Paypal 'fee', as charging a Paypal fee is Illegal in most states.

couple weeks back i also downgraded. You can downgrade your account ONLY once. follow these steps. took them 24hrs to downgrade me back to a personal account...
DownGrade

Option 2 you can get their check card and get 1.5% back when you use it so all you lose is 1.4% (or add some $ and make a bit a trick off fat wallet Im not 100% if it works with money you put in too)

Back