• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo_fx

question about temps UPDATE: PIC'S OF UNIT!!

How can i get this waterfountain to make the water colder? there is a screw that justifies the temp but it doesn't seems to be working right... its gets teh water down to about 6.5C right now, and dropping at the momment but I want like -'s there aren't any markings on the unit to justify what kind of refridgerent is in it or anything, the box that controls the temp has some sort of bare copper wire going in.. is this what sense's how cold it is? thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If this is a compressor based system, then the thermostat was not designed for below zero temps. As a matter of fact, below zero would probably damage it as it was designed!

You will need to change the thermostat to one used in a freezer. That's what I did with my dehumidifier mod and now my coolant stays between -10c and -4c.

The best place to find a used thermostat is at a used appliance store. They often stripe good parts from non-running items. As for "ow do I hook it up?". I would not have any idea for a water cooler.

For my dehumidifier, I removed the ice sensor, bucket level sensor, and humdistat sensor and replaced them all with the thermastat. I am sure you alreay have one, you must find it and change it.

Again, you must have a compressor based system for this to really work.

OK i have pics but where to host them??? theres about 10 or so, and ill need all the help i can get btw with how to set this up... I also put a temp probe right on the coils that you will see and it reads -6.9c

DSC00294.JPG
DSC00295.JPG
DSC00296.JPG
DSC00297.JPG
DSC00298.JPG

Might want to go to phasechange.com. They are very knowledgable in these this. They could probably be much more helpful than us?

um thats because all the screws are undone. It is stable though, I have just enough so that it stays workin.

Back