• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gotta Read This!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InfamousHindu

I thought that posting my subject in big letters and in something interesting would draw more attention to my quiestion. Hence the increasment that someone would know the answer and reply. :D

I bought a 226 Watt peltier from danger den. It requires 24 amps, and i was wondering if i hooked it up to my 5V line which supplies max of 40amps, would the peltier still run. I know that it would only be pushing out 132watts(have a 480 Watt PSU with a max load handling at 550 Watts), but how much less efficienct will it be.

lol:D

It requires 24 amps, and i was wondering if i hooked it up to my 5V line which supplies max of 40amps, would the peltier still run

it will run and will require 7.9 amps @ 5V

I know that it would only be pushing out 132watts

dead wrong, it will only be pushing only 74w, enought to burn your cpu in flames;)

but how much less efficienct will it be

it will only be doing 74w @5v

nunez1980 said:

dead wrong, it will only be pushing only 74w, enought to burn your cpu in flames;)

it will only be doing 74w @5v

Nonsense.

If you want to make a meaningful attempt at predicting TEC performance, I suggest you read (and understand) this document.

The TEC would have around 50% of its maximum heatpumping capacity at 5V. The CPU won't burn up.

However, I doubt such a setup would give you temperatures significantly better (if at all better) than straight water on a loaded overclocked CPU.

Last edited:
Back