• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Excaliberpc.com thoughts.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Alright, I ordered an:
athlon 1700+
AS ceramique
slk-900
TT 90mm fan
mitsumi floppy drive

I ordered on last monday night, and got it today (tuesday). Decent shipping time I think.

So, I open up the box and see that everything is there with a receipt. The only gripe I have is the packaging on my 1700+.

It came in this little plastic thing, which would have been fine if they had put something like styrofoam or bubble wrap around it, but my 1700+ was just attached with a rubberband.

I understand that it is a "TRAY" processor, but I honestly thought it would have bent pins when I saw it.

I don't think any are bent, or didn't look like it. Just something i think they could improve on.

Just got my 1700 today also...mine was shipped the same way expect I had at least 5 inchs of bubble wrap and was in a static bag...already had it up to 2350...I don't wait to OC ;)...

Mine came like that only with a piece of antistatic foam on top of the cpu and cardboard over that, all held together with a rubberband.

moz_21 said:
Mine came like that only with a piece of antistatic foam on top of the cpu and cardboard over that, all held together with a rubberband.
Thats how my 1700+ came from Excaliberpc too. Sounds like you got a lazy packer.

yeah thats acculy true, mine came in this broken little plastice thing.. it didnt look very stable it was wrapped in foam though. Who cares its not damaged

"It came in this little plastic thing, which would have been fine if they had put something like styrofoam or bubble wrap around it, but my 1700+ was just attached with a rubberband. "

Mine came exactly the same way, it was just floating around inside the box. Although my as3: Ceramique did have bubble wrap on it. I felt ripped, seeing as how i thought i was getting a heatsink...

Mine was in a little plastic tray with foam on top of the CPU and held down with a rubber band.

I checked it for damage but there didn't seem to be any. Now I just got to get the mobo and I can use it.

Back