• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Googlegear processing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shmuck

Hey, how long does googlegear usually take to process an order? I've been waiting 2 days, I paid via credit, and it still says "processing."

Less than a day for a 2 day shipper that is, according to tracking, sitting on my doorstep right now.

got it, thanks

Ok...i contacted them, and it's shipping.

Thanks,
it just took a couple of days.

nice...I'll tell you what, though. Newegg got their products shipped out QUICK. I got them in 2 days, which is really cool, because I didn't pay much extra for shipping.

My last 2 purchases were with Newegg. I decided to try Googlegear this time on a friends recommendation. It was a dollar cheaper, and free shipping vs. a couple bucks.

Either Newegg or Googlegear, it looks like a win.

Yeah, but I ordered on the same day, and the googlegear has yet to arrive, while the newegg came in yesterday.

Everyone at this site is always talking about Googlegear and Newegg... Doesn't anyone use pricewatch here?

I used pricewatch and got good results.

Its because not all sellers are honest and good business people. Some sites will try an screw you out of money, or their shipping is really crappy, or the have poor customer service.

People use this specific sites because they are trusted by many, and still have low prices.

Jon

Good customer service.

I have found googlegear and newegg very timely in shipping out orders and my on line shopping experience with both of them has been very pleasant. I RMA'd a new defective MB to googlegear and they had it a week and sent me a new one second day air. Very good. I RMA'd a MB direct to ASUS and they sent me a new one second day air, took a week. Very good. RMA'd a defective CPU to AMD and they had me a new one on my door step in ten days. Very good.

I don't count the "me to them" shipping time because the vendors have no control over that. What I look at is how long they have it "in house" before they send me another one and how they ship it. Sending it second day air tells me they CARE about my computer being down. If you are a computer shop the shipping time determines how long the customer is without their computer. If you live on the East coast and ship FedEx or UPS ground to the West coast it takes ten days. Them sending it back second day air gets the computer back up a week earlier.

I bought an obviously defective Enermax PSU and contacted them and got back what in my opinion was a very dumb reply. I simply asked them to test it and see if it was defective and if it was send me a new one under warranty. They said give them a credit card number and they'd charge me $10.00 . . . . .
Ten bucks? For what? I would pay to ship it to them and if it was defective I feel they should pay the shipping to send me a new one because I already paid freight when I bought it. IF their product is defective then why should I have to pay double freight charges? I threw it away and ordered a Fortron PSU for $37.50 from newegg, one of the top three according to tomshardware.
http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20021021/index.html

By Golly, when I throw down my hard earned money I BETTER get good customer support because if I don't they they need not expect to get my repeat business.
Can I get a witness and can I get an AMEN?

Take a look at the successful, big, on-line vendors and you'll see they have good/excellent customer reviews for good/excellent customer service. You can have the biggest company and the best product, but if you do not provde the customer with excellent customer service it will shoot you down the tube every time. Them is the business facts of life. Uh-Rah! and a tip of the hat for the good guys. You give us good customer service and we'll give you our business.

To TomHolly.

Tom, maybe I'm from the old school, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. I have had nothing but pleasant shopping experiences with newegg and googlegear, some of the best prices on some of the best products, excellent processing and shipping times and in many cases free second day air. When people treat the masses that good I figure why go anyplace else?

Back