• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody use R&J Technology?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8440

Hi all,

I'm getting a laptop for graduation, and a buddy of mine suggested I check out R&J Technology. Though they don't have much recent feedback at all, they have an excellent resellerratings.com score. Their lifetime rating is 9.55, from 28 reviews total. I haven't found a better deal on a centrino equipped machine, so if no one has any horror stories, I will probably order one from them.

Whew, I'm glad somebody finally responded. I checked with the BBB, and found that they are registered there, and have no complaints on file. For what it's worth, since starting this thread originally, I ordered from them. It turned out that there was some sort of delay in them getting the barebones machine they were gonna build up for me, so it would be a couple of extra weeks before they could send it to me. They immediately called me and let me know, so I could decide what to do. I elected to have the machine built anyway and just wait, but it's good they handled it the way they did.

I finally got my laptop from them. It was delayed because there was a delay in them getting the barebones chassis. They called me promptly and informed me of the delay, giving me the option to order another or cancel entirely. I decided to wait, and I'm sure glad I did. The machine arrived today, exactly as described. They messed my order up in 2 ways-they doubled the amount of memory I ordered, and they shipped it with a DVD/CDRW combo drive when I ordered a regular CDROM drive. They didn't charge me for it or the memory! The upgraded drive alone is $120 extra. They didn't mess anything else up-just those two mistakes, both of which are in my favor. I'm very happy with them, to say the least.

Back