• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting Everything Together for a New Comp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jonny 2x4

Here is the computer I will be dealing with (I don't need any opinion on the computer components, the Intel Motherboard section is taking care of that :D).

I am thinking of a peltier solution. I don't know ANYTHING about water cooling, but I am a fast learner and I am a DIY. I just need to know what to buy, and why.

I was looking at this , I assume this is a great peltier. This would be for the CPU, now what do I need for everything else? Besides the blocks, what other components do I need?

Well, for water cooling you will need:
Waterblock (you will have that if you buy that swiftech package)

Radiator/Heatercore- auto parts store. Just find one of the dimenstions you need and mount a fan on it.

Pump- Many people are fond of the via aquas and the ehiem pumps. I just use a bilge pump. Just make sure it gets at least 250Gph

Tube- Tygon is popluar, but normal hardware store plastic stuff works fine.

Valves- Will make things usefull to take it apart.

Power supply (for pelt)- They usually need to be pretty burly. Check out ebay for some good psu deals.

Back