• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ issue.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Larethus

Today I was building a system for a friend with the 8RDA+. We were using Corsair TwinX, and we had some issues, so I flashed what seemed to be the newest bios available, and it did not help. I then found an older bios on http://www.8rdafaq.com that said it was for Corsair memory, I figured it was worth a try. The bios flashed just fine but now it hangs/beeps on startup. The LED shows "C1" and I gather that is some sort of memory error?
I have tried a few other sticks of ram in there as well, and I can't seem to get past this point... any ideas??

Clear CMOS by jumper, then boot up with a different stick of memory. If you get in, set the memory timings relaxed (7,3,3,3 for instance) then try your Corsair.

If you still can't get in after clearing CMOS, try removing the battery (seems to clear CMOS "better"), then proceed with the alternate memory.

lazyart said:
Clear CMOS by jumper, then boot up with a different stick of memory. If you get in, set the memory timings relaxed (7,3,3,3 for instance) then try your Corsair.

If you still can't get in after clearing CMOS, try removing the battery (seems to clear CMOS "better"), then proceed with the alternate memory.

Just tried all that, it still hangs at C1 and makes a 'siren' like sound. I appreciate the suggestions though.
Anyone else have any ideas?

Corsair troubles gone

I was having a very similar problem. With the newest bios, would not post with Corsair. Booted with generic but was super unstable >133mhz. reset bios and put in corsair. It posted, changed timings to 100%, 6222 manual and am now running at 200X12 1.7vcore.

This aeroflow HS w/TMD is great.

*Note. I also put a Zalman Northbridge, passive mosfet, and passive southbridge cooling on. Was taking no chances but it appears to have been a necessity.

Hope this helps

My 8rda+ must be a mutant or something. It has never had a single problem with my Corsair RAM. I even updated the bios the other day to the 5/8/03 release and still have no problems.

I've had no problems using EXtreme DDR pc2700 in my RDA & Geil pc3500 in my RGA, but i have seen alot of issuses with corsair. i had a friend who couldnt run EXtreme in his Asus N8X but it worked fine i my V8X , i think sometimes its the luck of the draw . GOOD LUCK!

Back