• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A78NX Deluxe and Kingston pc2700 HyperX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greebus

A78NX Deluxe and Kingston pc2700 HyperX 512 Mbs

Does it work in dual channel mode and is it stable? Is it overclockable and stable?

Anyone using this 2 sticks of this ram with this mobo and it's working great for them or is there problems?

Is this good ram?

The reason I ask.

Bought MSI K7N2G ILSR and 2 sticks of 512 MB pc2700 Kingston HyperX
The board is very unstable with frequent crashes. I since found out that other people have had problems. I'm thinking about an RMA for this board in exchange for a A78NX deluxe, but I want to make sure before i decide.

Greebus

Last edited:
Greebus said:
A78NX Deluxe and Kingston pc2700 HyperX 512 Mbs

Does it work in dual channel mode and is it stable? Is it overclockable and stable?

Anyone using this 2 sticks of this ram with this mobo and it's working great for them or is there problems?

Is this good ram?

The reason I ask.

Bought MSI K7N2G ILSR and 2 sticks of 512 MB pc2700 Kingston HyperX
The board is very unstable with frequent crashes. I since found out that other people have had problems. I'm thinking about an RMA for this board in exchange for a A78NX deluxe, but I want to make sure before i decide.

Greebus

Yes, it should work in dual channal mode. Yes, it is very overclockable and stable. I am not using two sticks off Kingston, but I am using two sticks of Mushkin. Also, yes, your RAM is pretty solid. It should work fine, but if it doesn't, you heard it from me first that Mushkin works wonders.

Which muskin RAM works??? I really dont want to spend 250 USD for 2 stick of RAM, when I can get solid ram for almost half the price. It just doesnt seem reasonable and affordable just to have a stable system. Yes... that black muskin high performance ram will work in my MSI board... but I really dont want to fork out the money for it... I would rather keep the RAM i have and RMA my board for the A7N8X instead... but since these nforce2 boards are unstabble with certain types or RAM, i would rather find out and be 100% positive before I return the board instead of the RAM.

OCZ Technology RAM is pretty cheap and good. Also, my old crap RAM and few other bad types are the only ones that run unstable that I know of. I could be wrong though.

If i need to change my RAM and my board.. I will probably just change my RAM to something that works with the MSI K7N2G ILSR board. I just ifgured if the RAM I had worked, that I would just RMA the board for an Asus board. The reason is price based as the restocking fee on the board weill be less than the 2 ships of ram. After all.. who like throwing money away.

I guess to understand what I am talking about.. check out this link.

Back