• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid 0 problem/question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ocerguy

Registered
I am running my computer like I have in my sig. My problem is does anyone ever try to run defrag on winXP with this raid set up. It tells me that it cannot defrag because I am using an NTFS file system. Which I am only using this type because I have both my hard drives hooked up to my serial ATA in Raid 0 mode. I have no hard drives connected to my ide cables. Any help or explanation to this would be greatly helpful. Thanks

ive ran into issues like this myself useing raid0.
usually its a softaware glitch and reinstalling the program fixs it.
since thats part of windows its not so easily done.

goto majorgeeks.com or tucows.com or cnet.com and get diskkeeper lite its better than the windows proggy and faster.
its oc.com forums recomended in some surveys :D

just on a side note try and find the raid controller bios flash and new raid drivers .28 from silicon image if you have any corruption problems.

if you do a search in these abit threads it will turn up all the info as to why i said that.

Deathstar13 I have the 1.0.0.28 Silicon Image drivers but I don't understand the raid controller bios flash. Is there a seperate bios for the raid controller or just the one bios for the whole board. I am using the 16 bios upgrade I didn't get 17 because it doesn't say that it fixes anything pertaining to the problems I am having.

SI took the flasher and bios down. saying to many people were screwing up thier mobos with it and to wait until the mobo maker releases it in a bios update.

i have it on disk and did it while it was up still.
if your not haveing corruptions i wouldnt worry about it as it hurts performance anyhow.

Back