• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watch out! - Gigabyte nForce2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well i was gonna make a few jokes about the mobo before i looked at it. gigabyte hasent ever been an ocers mobo.

but looking at it it looks pretty serous.
the mosfets/caps cooled and on a seperate pcb and actively cooled. thats very very impressive imo.

the sata raid is almost garbage tho.silicon images fault tho.
but it offers ide raid so that makes up for it.

now if it just oc's well it might be a decent mobo.
unless people start popping 250fsb 1:1 i wont be buying one.if they do do that out of the box ill consider it.it does look promising :D

btw thats the nf2 ultra chipset. another big ++!

good find aspe! and welcome to the forums!

I wonder....doesn't the nf7-s rev 2 use the nforve2 ultra 400 also? I am not sure but I thought that the rev 2 supports the 400fsb officially(don't have box next to me so can't see if it says ultra)....with the c1 stepping on the northbridge I thought that this ment it was an ultra but maybe not:D

If it was only the blue and that electric greeny stuffs then it would be fine....but adding orange and purple? It aint peas carrots and grapes...

Looks nice, this will proabbly be Biostar's step into the O/C world :)

I've never had a bad experience with Gigabyte, and as for this comment:

deathstar13 said:
gigabyte hasent ever been an ocers mobo.

Check out my sig. I don't know why everyone's having trouble with their boards. I gave my girlfriend my Gigabyte/AMD setup, which is currently clocked at 178! Not too shabby for an older XP2100, non-Tbred!

I would trust gigabyte with my children!

no mounting holes? thats kinda bad on their part...'

but holy S word for poop!!! that has some nice stuff, it would be cool if it OCed well...

Last edited:
CrashOveride said:
no mounting holes? thats kinda bad on their part...'

I was just going to post that....pretty ****ty if you ask me, if this board turns out to be a good board they'll loose a noticeable amount of profits (I would buy it if it's equal in OCing to any board out because of it's looks...oh well)

Also, I am not a big fan of that little heatsink and fan right next to my CPU, those two are not going to be beneficial to each other. (Sorry about the pun, not intended)

Hmm, why did they put that there? It seems an odd thing todo.

That said, considering the rest of the layout of the board is similar to the one I use (the 7VAX), and I know that there is problem of the chipset getting smothered with hot air blown off the CPU's heatsink, something to remove that air away from the chipset might now be that bad after all...

Still, the big question is of course, what's the BIOS like, and how does it overclock compared to the other nForce2 Ultras?

What's up with that? The Soltek nForce2 looks good, but no mounting holes around the cpu socket area. This Gigabyte board doesn't have any either. No love for the watercooling people:(.

Still waiting for further info about the new Gigabyte nForce boards ...
More specific - wonder if they are good oc boards and do well compared to NF7-S? And - do they unlock the T-bread multiplier - that´s very important I think. I hope Gigbyte will create a really powerful board/bios - we have expectations ...

g-byte never had mounting holes :( I emailed them the suggestion and they said they would think about it in a reply. But my old KT400 board overclocked nicely! I got it to 180 FSB but only if I used my gforce 4 :( Thats why I liked g-byte a lot

I might just use this board for a nother rig though, and have a lot of air cooling going around, but I always hated their BIOS. Lack of options, and you had to know your percentages very well for when upping voltages.

looks sweet.
I don't have any problem with their boards...despite my board being far from stellar it goes up to 181FSB hard drive is holding me back.

I should would like locked AGP and PCI though...

Any ideas when it's due?

youthemandan said:
The dual bios will be very handy but lack of 4 holes for mounting sux a$$

I saying that same exact thing, I wanna put a WB on this when it comes out. Hope they redesign the PCB before they release so that they include the 4 mounting holes.

Back