• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KD7 with 1700+ Please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tubesock

I purchased a new mobo, the abit kd7. its not the kd7a or kd7-raid or any of that just the basic kd7. I have a 1900+ right now, but i am planning on getting a 1700+. I have water cooled case customized by me and my friend so i figure i can overclock the 1700+ to soemthing around 2.2 like everyone has done, but I am going to need a little help doing so. I have the volts, multiplier and all those numbers i need, but i just need to figure out how to short the cache to make it overclockable. Any ideas? I've seen someone taking a conductive pen and drawing around the cache and it worked but i dont wanna pay 15 bux for a pen.. im kinda short on cash at the moment.
Thanks
Tubesock

I'm not saying short the whole cache on the processor. If you look closely on your processor there are holes in it where it says L1 and L2 etc..
thats the L1 and L2 cache and it looks to be burnt. I tried to set the multiplier higher on my 1900+ but it said the cpu was unworkable. I've seen where people take a conductive pen and draw a line around the 5th "hole" on the L2 cache and it allowed them to set the multiplier up with no problem, in turn overclocking their cpu.
Tubesock

With the Kd7 and A tbred 1700+ you will have full multiplier use without any Cpu mods, they come unlocked and The Kd7 board will be able to access upper and lowers without any trouble, trust me I have run numerous Tbreds in mine and had all the Multi's.

-mamer

Tubesock said:
I'm not saying short the whole cache on the processor. If you look closely on your processor there are holes in it where it says L1 and L2 etc..
thats the L1 and L2 cache and it looks to be burnt. I tried to set the multiplier higher on my 1900+ but it said the cpu was unworkable. I've seen where people take a conductive pen and draw a line around the 5th "hole" on the L2 cache and it allowed them to set the multiplier up with no problem, in turn overclocking their cpu.
Tubesock
Those are the L1 bridges. There are also L10 bridges and L3 bridges and all sorts of others. These bridges have nothing to do with the cache. If the 1700+ you get is a t-bred, the bridges will already be closed.

Tubesock said:
Tubesock

The L1 that your talking about isn't the L1 Cache but those the bridges that when properly connected will allow you to change the multiplier, that's we call unlocking a CPU. You will only need to do that to Palomino chips.

The L3 Bridges not L2 & not cache again, sets the default multiplier & painting around the pit to connect the 5th bridge with a conductive pen is to enable older boards to remap multipliers so that they can access 13X & over. This isn't a problem with the KD7 |- RAID|S|G|B series as they can read 5BIT FID.

Back