• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help: 8KHA+ and Tbred multiplier issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mag22

Registered
My new JIUHB arrived today! I resest BIOS to factory, installed newest from Epox, mounted up the new chipperoo, cranked the multi to 15X and each time it POST'ed it had dropped back to 11. Anyone aware of this issue or is there a simple fix? I searched the other threads... Help is appreciated!

Edit: It did stay at 12.5 after selecting 13. I hope this isn't what I think it means... is my board trapped at 12.5 multi??? Why offer a 15X multi if you can't use it? FSB is at 150 for the time being. Poop. What a waste of a JIUHB.

Last edited:
glock19owner said:
you will have to blow/cut the 3rd and 5th bridge on the L3 to get the higher multipliers...

yes, i'm pretty sure this is the case with any board other than some (or all?) of the nf2 boards. only multi up to 12.5 without blowing the #3 and #5 L3 bridges. if i'm not mistaken if you blow those bridges then you'll be limited to 13 and up?

that last bit very well could be wrong, i'm unsure.

hmmm sounds scary, do you have a link to some specific instructions on how to manage such a trick? I did go ahead and order an 8RDA+ from Newegg - so if this procedure is risky perhaps I shouldn't bother. (grabbed two sticks of OCZ 256 PC3200 while I was at it)

Back