• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why the hell does Corsair XMS3500 suck so damn bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
System specs in the sig. I can't run stable much above 200FSB with the RAM at 100% of FSB rate.

Two questions:
  • Anybody with XMS3500 - what are your best speeds/timings?
  • Twinmos seems to be the stuff to get. What's a good place to get it?
Thanks in advance. This is bugging me to pieces.

My Corsair PC3500 that I had for a few days ran fine at 217 5-2-2-2. I sold that to Deathstar. My PC3200 runs at 221 at 6-3-3-2 all day everyday since the end of January.

See, I know it's good RAM, but I've heard all over that Epox boards don't take well to it. That you can get to 217 with an 8RDA+ (identical to the 8RGA+ for this purpose) is curious. Is yours TwinX? Mine aren't "matched" pairs.

I'm at 211 (see sig) but pushing the h*ll out of the mem settings at a 2-2-2-3, TRAS=3 of course. Played with it a little and that is about it less I drop the mem settings. :cool:

My PC3200 is just a single 512 stick of the XMS regular stuff. And like I said before, it has been running at 221 since January. My friends XMS PC3500 can run a little above 230 and another friends HyperX PC3500 can run at 235. The Corsair stuff is top notch.

I'm running a Corsair Original Flavour 256Mb XM3200C2 (Black HeatSpreaders) and a Platnum 256Mb XMS3200C2 and both are running solid at 216Mhz (433 DDR) @ CAS2 5-2-2...

most likely it has notting to do with ur ram
if that 8RGA of urs is REV A1 or A2
(check the northbridge)
then forget about it.
I got a 8RDA+ (A2) downstairs and same corsair xms 3500 and it won't go there.
C1 rev's are great A1 are known to b better then A2's
I really think u got stuck like me with a ****ty A2

Lord Moreira said:
most likely it has notting to do with ur ram
if that 8RGA of urs is REV A1 or A2
(check the northbridge)
then forget about it.
I got a 8RDA+ (A2) downstairs and same corsair xms 3500 and it won't go there.
C1 rev's are great A1 are known to b better then A2's
I really think u got stuck like me with a ****ty A2

Mines an rev1.1 A2 and it'll do 200FSB no VDD mods, and its the board running my XMS3200C2... I get lucky then?

yea u should
check out nforcershq.com

A2 was crap compared to the rest revisions
u did get lucky

Back